To provide students and their spouses opportunities for learning by making available services and supplies to learn to become more self-reliant. Students learn to alter clothing to comply with the dress and grooming standards, and also help learn mending and basic sewing skills.
Winter 2023 schedule:
- Mondays: 9-11 am, Noon-4 pm
- Tuesdays: 9-10:50 am, Noon-4 pm
- Thursdays: 9-11 am, Noon-2 pm
- Fridays: 9-Noon, 1-3 pm
The Sewing Room is located in Aloha Center 152.
- The Sewing Room is for the use of BYUH students and their spouses.
- Sewing projects should consist of altering clothing to comply with dress and grooming.
- Sewing projects may not be left or stored in the Sewing Room.
- Sewing projects may not be made to sell for commercial use.
- Students will leave the area clean - fabric and tools must be returned to proper places and machines turned off.
- Clubs must schedule appointments to use the Sewing Room.
- No student may occupy the Sewing Room without a supervisor present.
- Students' children under the age of 10 are not allowed in the Sewing Room.
- No food or drink (except water) is allowed in the Sewing Room.
The Sewing Room will assist students in clothing repairs to comply with dress and grooming standards and home accessories to assist in residential living. Services offered include the following:
- Attaching sleeves.
- Lengthening hemlines in skirts, dresses, and pants.
- Adding collars or modest necklines to shirts and blouses.
- Adding elastic, buttons, and zippers to clothing.
- Household accessories (curtains, pillowcases, pillows, blankets, etc.).
- Sewing accessories.
- Baby items.
- Any other sewing projects must be reviewed and approved by the coordinators and manager.
Questions or Inquiries
Please contact the Ho'okahua office at (808) 675-3311.