To provide students and their spouse's opportunities for learning by making available services and supplies to learn to become more self-reliant. Students learn to alter clothing to comply with the dress and grooming standards, and also help teach mending and basic sewing skills.
Please call the Aloha Center Information Desk at 808-675-3545 or Ho'okahua Central Office at 808-675-3311 for available hours.
The Sewing Room is located in Aloha Center 152.
- The Sewing Room is for the use of BYUH students and their spouses.
- Sewing projects should consist of altering clothing to comply with dress and grooming.
- Sewing projects may not be left or stored in the Sewing Room.
- Sewing projects may not be made to sell for commercial use.
- Students will leave the area clean - fabric and tools must be returned to proper places and machines turned off.
- Clubs must schedule appointments to use the Sewing Room.
- No student may occupy the Sewing Room without a supervisor present.
- Students' children under the age of 10 are not allowed in the Sewing Room.
- No food or drink (except water) is allowed in the Sewing Room.